Proceeding from the Initiative of His
Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, may Allah protect him, and
Pursuant to the National Strategy for
Innovation launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al
Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, which
aims to make
The UAE the most innovative country in the world
For the purpose of
supporting innovation in the field of insurance, the Insurance Authority
announces an invitation to UAE citizen students from universities,
colleges and higher institutes in the State to participate in the Three
Best Innovations Competition at the UAE level in the Insurance Sector
under the title:
Innovation is our goal and development is our target
It is a unique
contest at the local level, designed to encourage innovation and
development of the Insurance Sector through designing smart electronic
applications for the Authority in several areas such as insurance
awareness and the desktop and field inspection and auditing system of the
Authority as well as other systems.
Competition, the best three innovations in the field of insurance
submitted by students will be selected to choose the best smart
application. Priority will be given to the applications that will
help the development of the Insurance Sector and can be applied and
implemented in practice.
- The applicant must be a UAE national student from
universities, colleges and higher institutes in the State that are
approved by the UAE Ministry of Education and Scientific Research.
- The age of the applicant is no more than 45 years.
- An overview of the project, its idea and its
importance to the UAE Insurance Sector must be submitted in Arabic.
- A successful idea can be shared by two or more
- There will be coordination between the Authority
and each university or institute for the purpose of selecting the
best two innovations to participate in the grand competition at the
level of UAE universities and institutes.
- Applications shall be submitted as of 12/12/2015
up to 12/03/2016
- The Authority shall form a committee of five
members, including university professors for the purpose of the
final evaluation process.
The decision of the Committee shall be final.
- Evaluation Ratings:
- 50 points for the project's contribution to the
innovation or solution of a problem facing the Insurance Sector in
- 20 points for fitness to implementation in
- 15 points for ease of applicability
- 15 points for speed of applicability
- The Competition Committee may reject or exclude
any submitted work without providing any reasons.
- The Authority shall have the right to publish
innovative ideas presented or print, publish and distribute the
- Registration and participation shall be by
filling the special form available on the website of the Insurance
- The Authority does not assume any liability
towards the ownership of the ideas submitted for the award and idea
presenter must assume such liability.
- The prize for the best scientific or technical
innovation at the state level will be 30 Thousand Dirhams.
- The prize for the second best scientific or
technical innovation at the state level will be 20 Thousand Dirhams.
- The prize for the third best scientific or
technical innovation at the state level will be 10 Thousand Dirhams.
For inquiries, please
e-mail to email@example.com